The World Water Forum (WWF), is the world’s leading forum on water and sanitation. The 8th WWF will be held on March 2018 in Brasilia DF, Brazil, and will bring together stakeholders from all countries of the Americas to discuss best practices on how they can and should interact on the use, cooperation, protection and conservation of water.
The 8th WWF is an open platform where people around the world can collaborate and influence the forum discussions. The inclusion of civic society participation in the development of the thematic framework of the World Water Forum is one of the priorities of this 8th edition. In this sense, it is required a broad and participatory Dialogue Process involving representatives of non-governmental organizations, companies, users, academics and youth from the following four sub regions: North America, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, and South America.
In preparation for this World Forum, the IDB Group, has now open an Online Survey to hear your voice, whether or not you are an expert in the water sector.
Your opinion matters and we want to include it in the discussion of the world’s biggest water event. Your ideas, experiences and solutions to improve water management in the Americas are a valuable contribution for us and we want to know it.
The online consultation is composed by 9 themes defined by the Forum:
– Climate – water security and climate change
– People – water, sanitation and health
– Development – water for sustainable development
– Urban – integrated urban water and waste management
– Ecosystems – water quality, ecosystem livelihoods and biodiversity
– Financing – financing for water security
3 Cross-Cutting Topics:
– Sharing – Sustainability through stakeholder involvement
– Capacity: Education, capacity building and Technology Exchange
– Governance – water governance for the 2030 development agenda